“Our vision is more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge.” Kristen Stendahl



Day before the exam


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I know you can't please everyone.
But I'm someone who tries. And I've learned a lot from trying.

But there's one time of the year when I'm at a complete loss. It's the day before "The Exam".

"Oh professora" it always begins. "Posso falar Português. Não falo nada em inglês."

"OK" I say, knowing already what's coming.

"O que eu tenho que estudar para o exame de inglês?"

Did you come to any of the classes?
- No.

Have you kept up with what your colleagues have been doing? Are you a member of the Yahoo discussion group where I put all the materials and summarise some of the things we do in the class? Have you checked out the Inglês Empresarial blog? Are you familiar with the criteria ...
- No.

Mas a professora não está a perceber. Não entendo nada de inglês.

So what would could I do to help you one day before the exam, dear student?

Quero saber qual é a matéria para estudar. Quero uma nota positiva.

Well, you have a written test and you also have to do an oral presentation and to write an article for a business magazine.

Mas a professora - não consigo. E eu tenho que passar inglês porque já tenho outras disciplinas em atráso. O que eu faço? A professora não pode me ajudar?

Dear, dear student. Where did you get the idea that I could help you?

Category: Reflections

Tags:


0 Responses to “Day before the exam”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm bev trayner
  • From Setubal, Portugal
  • My profile
What is this portfolio blog?

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

    HigherEdBlogCon 2006



Previous posts

Archives

Blogroll - Ensino Superior



Blogroll - Higher Education



Pistas como docente



Productions


ATOM 0.3

Get Firefox!